Now there is a Memento plugin for Word 2007. Without ever leaving word, search, view and import articles from Memento website. The plugin will import articles to your word bibliography manager. Using bibliography manager, you can easily cite articles while you write. See below for requirements and instructions for installing and using this plugin.
Requirements for installing Memento Plugin for Word 2007
- Windows XP/Vista
- Office 2007
- Primary Interop for Office 2007 - download from here
- * Windows Installer 3.1 - download from here
- * .Net 3.5 - download from here
- * Visual Studio Tools for Office 2007 - download from here
* - if not already installed on your machine, they will be automatically downloaded and installed by the Memento plugin setup utility.
Installing Memento Plugin
- Make sure you have downloaded and Installed Primary Interop for Office 2007before installing Memento Plugin
- Download Memento plugin from here
- Unizp the package on desktop
- Run the setup.exe file. It requires windows installer 3.1, .Net 3.5 and VSTO. If not installed, the setup will ask for your permission to install them. Click “Accept” if the dialog box seeking your permission appears.
- Once installed, open word. As show in the above figure, there should be memento add-in on the right side of the word
- Sometime while installing “installer 3.1″, the system will give an error. Try restarting your machine and again running the setup utility. The problem should get solved
- If your system does not have windows installer 3.1, .Net 3.5 and VSTO, Memento plugin will download all of them for you. But this will increase installation significantly, depending your machine and internet connection speed. But let the installation program keep running. Eventually, everything should get installed properly.
Using the Plugin
- Search for any term and the add-in will fetch results from Memento website
- Click on any article to see its details in the preview box below
- Select one or more articles from the list and click on the “Import” button. This will import articles details from memento website and add it to your Microsoft bibliography manager
- Now to cite articles in your document and to create a bibliography, go to “References” Tab of Word and click “Insert citation” and you should be able to see articles that you imported from Memento.
Disabling the plugin
- Click on the “Start” button (Circular button with windows icon) in word
- Click on “word options”
- Click on “Add-ins” in the left hand panel
- At the bottom of the right hand panel there will be a drop down menu labeled as “Manage”. Select “COM Add-ins” from the drop down menu and click on “Go”
- In the Popup menu, Select “MementoPane” and click on “Remove” to uninstall the add-in. To disable it just uncheck the box infront of “MementoPane” and click on “Ok”. The plugin will disappear once you restart Word.